Latest Current Affairs For IBPS
Moreno wins Ecuador presidential race
Ruling party candidate Lenin Moreno was declared the winner of Ecuador’s Presidential runoff.
But his rival, conservative banker Guillermo Lasso, has yet to concede defeat and demanded a recount after three exit polls showed him winning.
The National Electoral Council said Mr. Moreno beat Mr. Lasso 51 per cent to 49 per cent.
Points to Remember
- Ecuador is a representative democratic republic in northwestern South America, bordered by Colombia on the north, Peru on the east and south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- Dollar is the currency of Ecuador.
World Autism Awareness Day 2017: 2 April
The ninth annual World Autism Awareness Day was observed on April 2, 2017.
Every year, autism organizations around the world celebrate the day with unique fundraising and awareness-raising events.
Theme for the year 2017 is “Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination”.
First bio-gas bus launched in Kolkata
A city based company has launched the first bio-gas fuelled bus in Kolkata keeping a flat fare of just Re 1.
All buses will have a flat fare of Re 1 irrespective of the distance, even in excess of 40 km.
Presently, the lowest fare in a Kolkata bus is Rs 6.
The first bus will run a distance of 17 km between Ultadanga and Garia in the southern fringes of the city and Phoenix India will run the bio-gas service from its Corporate Social Responsibility fund.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission to go paperless
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is all set to launch e-Governance Project to start paperless functioning, making it the first PSC of the country to do so.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) Chairman K S Tomar informed the e-Governance Project would be launched within a week as the Commission has got nod for the same from Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEIT) of Union Communications and IT Ministry.
Points to Remember
- Himachal Pradesh is a state of India located in Northern India.
- The name was coined from Sanskrit ‘Him’ (snow) and ‘Achal’ (mountain) by Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma.
- Acharya Dev Vrat is the Governor of Himachal Pradesh while Virbhadra Singh is the Chief Minister.
- Shimla is the Capital city of Himachal.
- Recently Dharmashala was approved as the Second Capital of the state for the winters.