Download Weekly current Affairs 2017
Madhya Pradesh Assembly declares Narmada living entity
The Madhya Pradesh government has passed a resolution granting river Narmada the status of a living entity
- A month ago, the Uttarakhand High Court had declared Ganga, Yamuna and their tributaries living entities with the status of a legal person.
- The living entity status will mean that the Narmada will be owner of all property and litigation for its conservation could be initiated on the river’s behalf.
GSLV Successfully Launches South Asia Satellite
India’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F09) successfully launched the 2230 kg South Asia Satellite (GSAT-9) into its planned Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
- Launch of GSLV was its eleventh and took place from the Second Launch Pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (SDSC SHAR), Sriharikota, the spaceport of India.
- This is the fourth consecutive success achieved by GSLV carrying indigenously developed Cryogenic Upper Stage.
- In its oval shaped GTO, the South Asia Satellite is now orbiting the Earth.
- South Asia Satellite is a communication satellite built by ISRO to provide a variety of communication services over the South Asian region. For this, it is equipped with Ku-band transponders
International permaculture conference to be held in Hyderabad
Permaculture experts from around the world will attend the 13th International Permaculture Convergence (IPC) to be held in Hyderabad from November 27 to December 2, 2017.
- More than 1,200 delegates from across the globe will attend the IPC with the theme ‘Towards healthy societies’.
- It is being organised by Hyderabad-based environmental and developmental NGO Aranya Agricultural Alternatives, the International Permaculture Convergence Council (IPCC) and Friends of IPC (FIPC).
- The primary objective of IPC 2017 is to provide Indian farmers an opportunity to get inspired and learn how their current challenges can be solved using permaculture principles.
Related Post :